I usually wouldn’t watch the EMA’S but there was just something about this years award show being held in MILAN. Anyway I’ll get straight to the point. This review will be in three sections and trust its gonna be a long one. I will talk about the host and co-host first, the awards, then the performances. Sadly, I will not be reviewing the red carpet 😔.
Can we just talk about the host (and co-host) for a second. Singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran and Orange is the new black’s Ruby Rose are the host and co-host in question. They did a good job in keeping me interested and entertained by their cheesy humour and relatively stylish outfit changes, except for that spaghetti dress Ruby Rose was sporting. Like, girl I know it was world spaghetti day but that dress was uncalled for and unexpected I’m not dragging her though, it was kinda funny but don’t do it again☺️☺️.
DISCLAIMER: These are only the awards presented during the show, I will not be mentioning those awarded during red carpet event.
- Shay Mitchell and Ashley Benson (Pretty Little Liars) looking sexy as ever (I’m sorry i just have to drop a pic). They present the award for Best Male which went to no other than JUSTIN BIEBER.
- World Wide Act (Europe)- Marco Mengoni.
- World Wide Act (Australia & New Zealand)- 5 seconds of summer #awesome!!!
- Tennis Player Novak Djokovic presents the award for Best Hip Hop and the nominees were; Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and Kanye West. As expected Nicki Minaj took the award home but she was absent and sent in a video where she talked about tasty spaghetti (I would literally love whatever she does 💕❤️💕❤️).
- Hailey Baldwin, Bianaca Bonti, and Tinnie Tempah (all looking stylish together) present the award for best video and the nominees were; Freedom, Bad Blood, Elastic Heart, Alright and Downtown. Downtown by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis took that award home.
- World Wide Act (Latin America)- Anitta.
- Best new act went to Shawn Mendes.
- The award for Best Live was presented by Mark Ronson and the nominees were; Foo Fighters, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett, and Taylor Swift. The winner was Ed Sheeran.
- World Wide Act (Africa & India)- Diamond Platinumz (when Wizkid and Yemi Alade were nominated?? I almost stopped watching😒😒).
- Video Visionary Award- Duran Duran (Its like the video vanguard award, apparently they were like pioneers in the inception of music videos).
- Best Song- Bad Blood FT. Kendrick Lamar.
- Best Electronic- Martin Garrix.
- Best Pop Song – One Direction Drag Me Down.
- Best female – Rihanna. Okay, If you know me I know you were expecting me to talk. Yes why wouldn’t I? As I’ve said time and time again I have nothing against rihanna but I don’t think she should have won the award but I’m happy she is getting acknowledged this year but she shouldn’t have won it. Why you ask? Message me privately ✌🏾😉😉(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Martin Garrix and Charli XCX (Dont know what she was wearing as well) present the award for best collaboration and the nominees were; Uptown Funk, See You Again, Bad Blood(obviously), Hey Mama, and Where Are ü Now. The award was won by Skrillex & Diplo ft. Justin Bieber.
- Fifth Harmony came out looking like a coven of sexy ass witches, in honour of them presenting the award for Best Look and the nominees were; Taylor Swift, Macklemore, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, and Justin Bieber. Well Justin Bieber won the award but not even speaking from a biased perspective Nicki Minaj should have won it, in fact any award that she is nominated for that has to do with style and looks she should win it. Except when she is up against Beyoncé and a few other people, but hey that’s just one guys opinion.
I Feel like one post will be too long to review the whole award show, so………..I will be reviewing the performances in a different blog post😓😓. Don’t forget to like and comment (come on you;ve read it this far its the least you could do) let me know you’re thoughts and if you want more pictures. Also forgive any spelling errors and errors in general………..peace bitches stay slaying ✌🏾️✌🏾💕💕.